Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 22: Relief in a cup

This has been a stressful day. I had another mouse sighting today in our apartment. I thought I was seeing things but it was a tiny mouse on our stovetop. I jumped up (and almost out of my skin) and then called my mom. I don't even remember what I was saying through the sobbing. I think I have found the one thing that brings me to my knees... a mouse family in our kitchen.

So, I went to a cafe to decompress. Normally, I would order a coffee (cafe late, nonfat milk, and extra foam). But this time the only thing I wanted was a hot chocolate. I sipped my drink and remembered to breathe. I have to say, this was a day of not really *loving* what is going on right now but the chocolate helped me accept the reality of this situation. And tomorrow is another day to formulate a plan to restore my little New York City apartment back to the peaceful abode it once was.

1 comment:

  1. Some days are "hot chocolate days". The good news is it was not a "gin and tonic day". Steel wool will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete