Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 16: Movies set in New York

Here are the first ten movies that come into my head that were filmed in New York:







1. August Rush
2. The Visitor
3. Taxi Driver (A classic)
4. Boiler Room
5. The Usual Suspects
6. Saturday Night Fever
7. A Bronx Tale
8. Do The Right Thing
9. Regarding Henry
10. Coming to America

If you go to Wikipedia, the list of movies filmed in New York City is rather lengthy! And I find myself becoming like every other New Yorker when I go to the movies and mutter to myself, "I have been to that deli" or "I know that subway stop". It is really funny! I find myself more and more invested in this little island the more I live here. Maybe it has to do with all of the walking and exploring, camera in tow.

Anyway, out of my list 0f movies two were filmed under the arches at NYU. And since I have been here, I have stumbled onto three movies being filmed at NYU.

So, I will end with a quote from "Coming to America" a funny, comedy that seems to play on repeat on Bravo. It starred Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall. This quote was said by Murphy's character, Prince Akeem to a woman he was initially supposed to marry. When he asked her what she liked to do, she would answer with a comical bow, "Whatever you like" to which he responded, "Listen, I know what I like and I know you know what I like, because you are trained to know what I like, but I would like to know, what do you like?"

Now, looking at this quote, all I can think is, blunt and direct... just like a typical New Yorker!


No comments:

Post a Comment