Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 17: A New York Minute

Life moves at warp speed out here. My experience interviewing for a nursing job at NYU Langone Medical Center typifies the saying and song "In A New York Minute." I interviewed with the nurse manager and immediatley after the interview I called the nurse recruiter to let her know how it went. She said, "Great. I already heard from the nurse manager. I am drawing up the paperwork and we are targeting a September 14th start date!" I literally went from jobless to job in... you guessed it "A New York Minute!" I am still in a bit of shock as I was walking around Soho today just taking in the sights. As I walked the memories came flooding back to me, the exams, the clinicals, the tears, the triumphs. And I closed my eyes as the cool summer air hit me, and I savored how fast a New York Minute could completely change my life.

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful, Shida. So well written and I loved the picture. Things do really turn on a dime in the city that doesn't sleep, huh? In later years you will be so glad you took the plunge and lived in NY if even for a little while.

    ReplyDelete