Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 3: A Bookstore's reflection

One of the things that I love about New York is the amount of bookstores per square feet. One thing that I know is that New Yorkers love to read. I realized this when I saw the amount of people that flock to Strand bookstore's dollar bookshelves. I don't want to knock the Kindle that is sold through amazon, but I thought to myself, "really?" There is nothing better than anxiously flipping through the pages of a book anticipating what is about to happen. That is such a good feeling and I am not sure a kindle can recreate that. So, today, my ode to bookstores may they continue to educate New Yorkers and the many European tourists who come here! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I have also contemplated the Kindle but have decided that I'd much rather touch and feel the book I'm reading--Just old fashioned that way I guess and thank goodness many others feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete