Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 6: The NYC Apartment


The NYC apartment has been etched into my memory way before I moved here. I remember Carrie Bradshaw's apartment in Sex and the City and all of the memories that went along with it. And I remember the apartment of Bronte in the movie Greencard and her beautiful greenhouse. And how could I forget Felicity's ridiculously large dorm room when she moved from California to attend New York University? My dorm room on 26th street pales in comparison to the palatial palace that Felicity lived in for her first two years of college.

I live in a six story, pre-war building in the heart of the east village. NYC apartments are typically small but amazingly multifunctional spaces. I love my little space and it has taught me to live more simply. I don't have a closet that overflows with designer clothes like Carrie Bradshaw but I have the opportunity to create unforgettable memories every time I step outside my apartment door.

2 comments:

  1. You are a gifted photographer. This could be a book in the makeing. My favorite so far is the bookstore's reflection. I look forward to each day's photo and comment. What a way to start the day.
    Vonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vonnie!! I am getting inspired living out here because there are so many photographic moments!!

    ReplyDelete