Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day one: picture one


I know what you are thinking. What European city do I hail from, right? Well, this picture was actually taken in the East Village of New York City. This is the little french maison near New York University. So, the city is New York. The girl is me, Rashida. I have lived here for 17 months now and just graduated from NYU. I got the idea to chronicle my next year here because (a) this is an amazingly beautiful city (architecturally and culturally) (b) this is also a super expensive city and I am not sure how much longer (after said chronicled year) I will be living here) and (c) I will actually have proof of what I experienced for 365 days through photos.

So my mission (should I choose to accept it) is one photo a day for the next 365 days. Day one went swimmingly. I had a morning of thumbing through the crinkly pages of the New York Times. I had a celebrity sighting at the local Starbucks (Mr. Big from Sex and the City) and realized that although my days here may be numbered I am utterly and completely in love with this city and all it has to offer.


1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful picture, Rashida. I can hardly believe that this is taken in a New York City neighborhood. Who knew? Can't wait to see the other pictures you take. Mom

    ReplyDelete